At least 2 shot at New Jersey high school football game

The scene at the New Jersey football game

Image zoom

After the shootings, the men fled - one of them tossing a gun out the auto window as they approached Atlantic City, the prosecutor said.

Thirty-one-year-old Alvin Wyatt of Atlantic City has been charged with three counts of attempted murder, unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of a weapon for an unlawful objective.

Tyner added, "Our community will not be held hostage by a few idiots intent on jeopardizing our safety and the safety of our children".

Four other men who attended the game were charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and another weapons charge, the statement says.

The 27-year-old man who was among those shot at a playoff football game in Pleasantville on Friday night is also facing weapons charges in the shooting. A 10 year-old is in critical condition. A 10-year-old is now in critical condition, while a 15-year-old boy suffered a graze wound, was treated at a hospital and released.

The revenge-shooting unfolded while the Pleasantville Greyhounds were playing the Camden Panthers in front of a packed stadium, authorities said. Dixon was also charged with eluding.

"We are receiving information regarding exactly what happened and who is involved however obviously this is an ongoing investigation and at this time we are not prepared to release any information on that", Riggins said during a short news conference following the shooting.

"I want to thank the Pleasantville Police Department and the scores of off duty emergency personnel that assisted the victims and helped law enforcement promptly identify and locate those responsible for causing mayhem at the Pleasantville High School football game", Tyner said.

"We just saw everybody from the crowd running, so that's when the whole football team, coach was telling us get down". The four reportedly fled from police after the shootings, with one throwing the gun out of a vehicle near Atlantic City.

The brazen shooting, which took place at the Pleasantville High School football field during a game against Camden High School, was caught on video.

Camden School District spokeswoman Alisha Brown told the Courier-Post that all Camden High School students and players were "safe on the bus and are headed home".

"Grateful for our first responders".

Latest News